Memory Improvement Articles
- Simple Ways to Improve Your Memory
- Things that Make it Hard to Improve Your Memory
- Reasons Why You Need To Increase Your Memory
- How to Improve Memory in 15 Minutes a Day
- Improved Memory - Its Uses and Advantages
- Online Memory Courses or Memory Software: Which is Better?
- Practical Yet Effective Memory Improvement Techniques
- The Pros and Cons of Memory Courses
- Top 5 Techniques for Phenomenal Memory Skills
- What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses
- All About Omega 3 and Memory Improvement
- Exciting Ways To Improve Your Memory
- Hints You Need To Improve Your Memory
- How To Choose The Best Memory Program For You?
- Increase Memory Permanently
- Memory Techniques Schools Use
- Memory Software Programs - How They Help Boost Memory
- Newest Resources For Memory Improvement
- Things To Learn To Improve Your Memory
- Ways to Increase Memory Need Not Be Expensive
- 3 Fresh Ways To Increase Memory
- Common Contents of a Memory Improvement CD
- Enjoyable Memory Improvement Exercises
- Examples of Memory Improvement Tools
- Get Your Memory Skills Back With These Steps
- How to Avoid Brain Trauma and Improve Your Memory
- Tip to Improve Memory: How to Remember Locations
- Memory Programs Comparable to Brainetic
- Photographic Memory is Just at Arms Reach
- Revolutionary Ways to a Phenomenal Memory
- 7-Speed Reading
Increase your reading speed with 7-Speed Reading
- Ultimate Vocabulary
Build your vocabulary with Ultimate Vocabulary
- Ultimate Spelling
Spell better with Ultimate Spelling
Check your grammar with StyleWriter
Improve your grammar with with Write101's tutorials
- Gifts for lawyers
Large range. Ships worldwide. Order online at For Counsel
|3 Fresh Ways To Increase Memory|
Have you recently noticed that your memory skills have been getting weaker as you grow older? Are you starting to lose the ultimate memory that you used to brag about when you were in high school? It is a general fact that one’s ability to increase memory deteriorates with age and everybody suffers from one form of memory loss or another. The good news is that there are ways that people can halt memory loss due to aging. There are even ways to get back the memory skills that you’ve lost and improve on them. To get those memory skills back or to develop a superb ability to increase memory to the level you had before, all you need to do is to follow these three fresh ways to increase memory.
1. Brain Clean Up: Do Not Overwhelm Your Mind
A bad memory is like a cluttered basement or attic; once you put something in there it’s next to impossible to find it again. The key here is to keep your mind clear and free of clutter. Thinking about too many things simultaneously will not help your memory. Learn how to prioritize and tackle things one at a time.
One of the best ways of clearing one’s mind is through meditation. It also has the added factor of relieving stress. A mind that is full of clutter finds it hard to recall anything, whether important or unimportant things, even if these things happened on the same day that you are trying to remember them. So, if you find it hard to remember something, find a quiet place, relax, and breathe. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll find recalling memories are as easy as finding a book in a well-organized library.
As the old saying goes, “Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today”. Cliché, yes, but true. Start getting things done as soon as the need arises. Saying that you’ll do things later will eventually make you forget to do them. In addition, once these build up, you end up with a cluttered mind again. It’s easier to recall things if your brain is not juggling around too much information.
2. Feed Your Memory: Master Food for the Brain
Eat right. This means don’t starve your brain by denying it the nutrients that it needs. Studies have shown that eating chocolate, or specifically the cacao bean, greatly helps in improving a person’s memory. Other foods that helps improve memory are wild salmon and blueberries.
Have you heard how many pregnant women religiously take folic acid supplements? Folic acid aids in the baby’s brain development. This apparently works on adults too. Taking in supplements like folic acid and B vitamins really help boost one’s memory.
3. Mind Exercise
Finally, use memory aids. These can vary from a simple shopping list to mnemonics. ROY G. BIV (a common mnemonic) helps you remember the order of the colors of the rainbow, and “My Very Eager Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas,” although obsolete, was very effective when you wanted to remember the order of the (then) nine planets in our solar system. There are lots of memory-improving techniques that you can choose from, just do a bit of research or ask some experts.
Another helpful way to regain a youthful memory is to use scientifically designed memory software just like the Ultimate Memory. This is helpful because it’s like having a virtual tutor who guides you through exercises designed to help you develop a powerful memory systematically. The best thing about such software is that a good software system can even double your memory power in a short span of time.
You don’t need to be a victim of poor memory all your adult life. Just do the things mentioned above and start to think clearly once again.