- Why Should You Increase Your Vocabulary
- Tips For Expanding Your Vocabulary
- How To Develop A Better Vocabulary
- Why Develop A Wide Vocabulary?
- "Improve Your Vocabulary": Meaning And Importance
- Towards A Better Vocabulary For Lawyers
- Ways To Improve Your Vocabulary
- Vocabulary Flash Cards
- The Importance Of A Good Business Vocabulary
- Build Your Vocabulary With The Merriam-Webster Vocabulary-Builder
- An Introduction To "Vocabulary"
- Compare Vocabulary Software
- Use Powerful Words
- The Advantages Of Vocabulary Software
- Test Your Vocabulary
- An Exercise For Improving Your Vocabulary
- Build Your Vocabulary
- Business Vocabulary Words
- Power Words
- Improve Communication Through Vocabulary Development
- Online Vocabulary Builders
- Read To Improve Vocabulary
- Select The Right Words
- Vocabulary And Word Knowledge
- Books To Improve Vocabulary
- Expand Vocabulary
- Expand Your Vocabulary
- Improve Vocabulary Online
- Improve Vocabulary
- Increase Vocabulary
- Learn Vocabulary
- Learning Vocabulary
- Software To Teach Vocabulary
- Ultimate Vocabulary Software
- Vocabulary For Business
- Word Power
Memory Improvement Articles
- Simple Ways to Improve Your Memory
- Things that Make it Hard to Improve Your Memory
- Reasons Why You Need To Increase Your Memory
- How to Improve Memory in 15 Minutes a Day
- Improved Memory - Its Uses and Advantages
- Online Memory Courses or Memory Software: Which is Better?
- Practical Yet Effective Memory Improvement Techniques
- The Pros and Cons of Memory Courses
- Top 5 Techniques for Phenomenal Memory Skills
- What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses
- All About Omega 3 and Memory Improvement
- Exciting Ways To Improve Your Memory
- Hints You Need To Improve Your Memory
- How To Choose The Best Memory Program For You?
- Increase Memory Permanently
- Memory Techniques Schools Use
- Memory Software Programs - How They Help Boost Memory
- Newest Resources For Memory Improvement
- Things To Learn To Improve Your Memory
- Ways to Increase Memory Need Not Be Expensive
- 3 Fresh Ways To Increase Memory
- Common Contents of a Memory Improvement CD
- Enjoyable Memory Improvement Exercises
- Examples of Memory Improvement Tools
- Get Your Memory Skills Back With These Steps
- How to Avoid Brain Trauma and Improve Your Memory
- Tip to Improve Memory: How to Remember Locations
- Memory Programs Comparable to Brainetic
- Photographic Memory is Just at Arms Reach
- Revolutionary Ways to a Phenomenal Memory
- 7-Speed Reading
Increase your reading speed with 7-Speed Reading
- Ultimate Vocabulary
Build your vocabulary with Ultimate Vocabulary
- Ultimate Spelling
Spell better with Ultimate Spelling
Check your grammar with StyleWriter
Improve your grammar with with Write101's tutorials
- Gifts for lawyers
Large range. Ships worldwide. Order online at For Counsel
|Advantages Of Vocabulary Software|
TipIf you want good vocabulary software, we highly recommend you try the popular vocabulary-building software, Ultimate Vocabulary*. Click "success edition" at Ultimate Vocabulary for more details.
Vocabulary software are fantastic tools for improving your knowledge of words. They are more advanced and sophisticated than traditional books and techniques.
Most of the software for building vocabulary available today have been developed after extensive research by experts in language, after consulting a wide variety of resources. “Computer-based instruction and exercises can easily handle the analytic component, and that is what most of the available software does” (Kelly, U A 2005, p. 751). As a result, use of software has become one of the most popular methods, and for many, the method of choice, for enhancing vocabulary.
Vocabulary applications combine a number of different methods and techniques, including the proven vocabulary-building techniques of "elaboration" and "repetition". A vast array of tools and techniques such as vocabulary books and articles, dictionaries, thesauruses, pictures, vocabulary trees, vocabulary flash cards, word matches, and further references, can be integrated into a single software product. This provides an incredible degree of versatility that is impossible with traditional resources. And you can customise many of the resources, such as create your own word lists, flash cards, and vocabulary maps, using flexible software.
In vocabulary software, a rich set of information about a word, such as its definition, its spelling, its origin, its derivatives, its usage, its antonyms, its synonyms, and detailed images related to the word, can all be accessed by a few mouse clicks or key presses. Compare this to traditional methods, where you need several individual resources; and even if you have all the old-style resources, you still must go through a lot of work, such as looking in different books, sifting through pages, and shuffling through piles of hard copy flash cards.
Computer programs for vocabulary can provide a visual as well as an auditory aid for the comprehension of a word. For instance, you can actually hear the accurate pronunciation of a word in different accents, rather than try to decode a word's pronunciation through phonetic symbols. The software can provide extensive exercises, display numerous games and quizzes, conduct tests that automatically analyse answers and rate your proficiency, track your progress, and provide accurate assessment, just to mention a few benefits.
The level of elaboration provided by software helps in deeper understanding, longer retention, and faster learning of words and their usage. Wood (2001, 180) states that software can be a powerful ally for students who wish to pursue particular topics, and then learning new words becomes a natural adjunct to self-selected explorations.
A wide variety of vocabulary software is available from a number of companies, with varying richness of features. You can make use of anything from free software and web pages, to cheap software ($15-$20) offering some basic features, to moderately priced software such as Ultimate Vocabulary ($67), which has all the features you need. But take care with the more expensive software ($200-$250) to make sure you are really getting value for money.
Kelly, U A 2005, International Handbook of Educational Policy, Part I, Springer, 3300 AA, Dordrecht.
Wood, J 2001, 'Can Software Support Children's Vocabulary Development?' Language Learning & Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 166-201.