Time Saving Tips
Speed Reading Articles
- Tips On Increasing Your Reading Speed
- Factors Affecting Improved Reading Speed
- Speed Reading Exercises: Breaking The Habit Of Inner Speech
- Bibliography on Speed Reading
- How Fast Do You Read?
- Comprehension Test
- Speed Reading: An Introduction
- Speed Reading Software
- Speed Reading Course
- How To Speed Read: 10 Tips
- Learn How To Speed Read
- Increase Your Reading Speed
- Online Speed Reading
- Comprehension Speed
- Speed Reading Seminars
- Evelyn Wood and Reading Dynamics
- Read Better
- Speed Reading By Buzan
- Speed Reading Techniques
- Speed Reading For Children
- Why Should You Increase Your Vocabulary
- Tips For Expanding Your Vocabulary
- How To Develop A Better Vocabulary
- Why Develop A Wide Vocabulary?
- "Improve Your Vocabulary": Meaning And Importance
- Towards A Better Vocabulary For Lawyers
- Ways To Improve Your Vocabulary
- Vocabulary Flash Cards
- The Importance Of A Good Business Vocabulary
- Build Your Vocabulary With The Merriam-Webster Vocabulary-Builder
- An Introduction To "Vocabulary"
- Compare Vocabulary Software
- Use Powerful Words
- The Advantages Of Vocabulary Software
- Test Your Vocabulary
- An Exercise For Improving Your Vocabulary
- Build Your Vocabulary
- Business Vocabulary Words
- Power Words
- Improve Communication Through Vocabulary Development
- Online Vocabulary Builders
- Read To Improve Vocabulary
- Select The Right Words
- Vocabulary And Word Knowledge
- Books To Improve Vocabulary
- Expand Vocabulary
- Expand Your Vocabulary
- Improve Vocabulary Online
- Improve Vocabulary
- Increase Vocabulary
- Learn Vocabulary
- Learning Vocabulary
- Software To Teach Vocabulary
- Ultimate Vocabulary Software
- Vocabulary For Business
- Word Power
Memory Improvement Articles
- Simple Ways to Improve Your Memory
- Things that Make it Hard to Improve Your Memory
- Reasons Why You Need To Increase Your Memory
- How to Improve Memory in 15 Minutes a Day
- Improved Memory - Its Uses and Advantages
- Online Memory Courses or Memory Software: Which is Better?
- Practical Yet Effective Memory Improvement Techniques
- The Pros and Cons of Memory Courses
- Top 5 Techniques for Phenomenal Memory Skills
- What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses What to Look for in Memory Improvement Courses
- All About Omega 3 and Memory Improvement
- Exciting Ways To Improve Your Memory
- Hints You Need To Improve Your Memory
- How To Choose The Best Memory Program For You?
- Increase Memory Permanently
- Memory Techniques Schools Use
- Memory Software Programs - How They Help Boost Memory
- Newest Resources For Memory Improvement
- Things To Learn To Improve Your Memory
- Ways to Increase Memory Need Not Be Expensive
- 3 Fresh Ways To Increase Memory
- Common Contents of a Memory Improvement CD
- Enjoyable Memory Improvement Exercises
- Examples of Memory Improvement Tools
- Get Your Memory Skills Back With These Steps
- How to Avoid Brain Trauma and Improve Your Memory
- Tip to Improve Memory: How to Remember Locations
- Memory Programs Comparable to Brainetic
- Photographic Memory is Just at Arms Reach
- Revolutionary Ways to a Phenomenal Memory
- 7-Speed Reading
Increase your reading speed with 7-Speed Reading
- Ultimate Vocabulary
Build your vocabulary with Ultimate Vocabulary
- Ultimate Spelling
Spell better with Ultimate Spelling
Check your grammar with StyleWriter
Improve your grammar with with Write101's tutorials
- Gifts for lawyers
Large range. Ships worldwide. Order online at For Counsel
|Things that Make it Hard to Improve Your Memory|
Everyone wants to have a good memory. Websites with tips on memory techniques are found all over the internet, each offering help to anyone who wants to train their memory. In addition, software packages that are designed to improve memory, such as Ultimate Memory, are becoming increasingly available in the marketplace. However, even with these tools, some people find it very hard to improve their memory, no matter how hard they work at it. If you're one of those people, make sure you know about these obstacles to memory improvement:
Sleep deprivation. There are many studies that show that sleep deprivation hampers our brain's capacity to retain information. Whether you're a student, a businessperson, or a parent balancing all the demands on your time, lack of sleep will definitely contribute to poor memory.
Thyroid problems. If you are working hard to improve your memory yet never see improvement, your thyroid may be the culprit. The thyroid controls your body's metabolism. Your metabolism affects the way your brain works. Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism make it difficult to concentrate. As a result, it's even more difficult to remember things.
Lack of exercise. Physical exertion increases the oxygen flow to the brain. Oxygen helps the brain's capacity to store information. Regular exercise reduces the possibility of memory loss.
Lack of interaction. Humans are social animals. We long for interaction and good relationships with others. Studies show that socializing stimulates our brains. Interacting with others is an easy way to give our brains needed energy. If the brain is active, memory retention will be easier.
Vitamin B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 plays a key role in brain function, and is also responsible for cell metabolism. People who have a vitamin B12 deficiency may experience memory loss similar to the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.
Depression. People suffering from clinical depression often have difficulty concentration. Research on clinical depression shows that one of its effects is a decrease in the activity of the neurons responsible for memory storage.
Stress. Stress is perhaps the most common roadblock to memory improvement. No matter how tight your deadlines, be sure to schedule regular breaks.
A bad diet. If you're filling your stomach with low-quality food (fast food, processed food, sugar, and soda to name a few) you are jeopardizing your brain's capacity to hold information. Include food containing omega-3 to your diet, like fish and flax meal, and eat more fruits and vegetables, and you'll provide your brain with the high-quality nutrients it needs.
Carcinogenic products. Products containing lead, mercury, and pesticides may be in your home. These hazardous elements have an adverse effect on the brain's performance.
Negativity. Laughter is the best medicine, or so it's said. Studies have shown that laughing can make the body healthy, and laughter is also good for the brain. Laughing stimulates many parts of the brain at once, and the increased oxygen helps the brain function well.
Can you identify one or more of the memory improvement blocks mentioned above in your life? Take steps to eliminate them, and you'll quickly notice an improvement in your memory skills.